Thursday 9 May 2013

Country Cottage SAL

My first SAL how exciting is this?


The main reason I bought this book, is because I love the quilt that matches the pillow on the front, Val Spires from Val Spires Sews and I are doing a SAL. We are starting with the cottage garden sewing set, and we will be reporting in every two weeks. 


I must admit I thought I would be further along that just having the fabric and threads I only just got them all together this week, next time there will be more happening it's a promise. 

I just wanted to say thank you for all your kind comments to my last post, and all the crafty facts about yourselves, its fun getting to know you. x

Bye for now


11 comments:

Cheryll said...

Oh how much FuN is that! :)

joy said...

I hate to appear dense, but what is a SAL?
Joy xx

tales from a handmade home said...

Shirley, how wonderful, I have this book too, the projescs are gorgeous........it will be fun to follow your SAL progress, maybe I could pick up some tips and inspiration as I'm new to patchwork and embroidery.

Beautiful fabrics and threads.
Kim x

Crafty Jean said...

Hi Shirley, love the colours you are using. Look forward to seeing how you progress in your next post xx

Shirley said...

Joy, SAL is a stitch along.

Shirley x

Ladybird Diaries said...

That sounds fun! Book looks lovely. Looking forward to seeing your progress...
M x

Fiona said...

SAL with others is a great way to keep on with a project... just a lovely one to do....
Hugz

Valspierssews said...

Love your colours Shirley.

Valspierssews said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Katherine said...

What a great project to do as a SAL. Looking forward to seeing some progress shots soon.

Cheryl said...

So many lovely projects in this book I would love to do too Shirley

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...