Thursday 23 May 2013

Country Cottage SAL - Part two


It's time for an update of the Country Cottage SAL, I am doing with Val at Val Spires Sews, As I've said before I have only done bits of embroidery before. I treated myself to a lightbox but even with the use of that the tracing took longer than I thought it would, thank goodness for Fixon pens, the magic of being able to iron away anything I wasn't happy with was just that magic! I am sure it will get easier in time.


This is the picture will go on the front of the needle case, it's waiting for the fabric house, the embroidery isn't quite finished, there are some french knots to add, it isn't perfect but I'm quite pleased at my first attempt. Next time I am aiming to have the needle case finished, so watch this space as they say.

Bye for now


7 comments:

Ladybird Diaries said...

I think your embroidery is looking wonderful!
M x

Wendy said...

Yay, I can still comment so far! The stitching is looking lovely! Looking forward to seeing this come together, and it's bound to be quicker than mine!

tales from a handmade home said...

It's looking really good Shirley, your stitching is so much neater than mine, it's going to be one very lovely needlecase.
Kim x

Katherine said...

Its coming along nicely Shirley. Thanks for the birthday wishes too. I keep forgetting you come up as a non reply blogger and send my replies off to you into cyberspace lol.

Fiona said...

Oh Bravo Shirley.. great start ahd a lovely project to do...
Hugz

Cheryll said...

Looks GReaT to me! It's always FUN doing projects with someone else. Keep up your good work! :)

Cheryl said...

Looking absolutely lovely Shirley. I did get mine traced during the week, but that was as far as I got.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...